"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

HUFFPO SCHMUFFPO

Thanks, AOL.

Been bustin' my ever-burgeoning blogger's butt every dang morning for the past month crankin' out cyber reams of searing menopausal wit 'n wisdom and you pay Arianna Huffington 315 million clams for her website?

Sniff.

What's the Huffington Post got that The Home Stretch ain't got?

I got followers.  My name starts with A.

And I got unique visitors, too. From Salem, OR to Hollywood, FL and everywhere between and beyond.

Check out my visitor stats. India, Spain, Australia, Malaysia, Russian Federation, Greence, Germany, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taiwain, Saudi Arabia, Denmark, Portugal, Turkey, Canada, Pakistan, Slovenia, Poland, Singapore, Argentina, Italy, Brazil, France.

As for entertainment value,  my gawd!  The Home Stretch is nothing if not entertaining. Just ask my husband.

He's always laughing (albeit on the inside), especially when doing all the cooking, dishes and laundry while I just sit and blog, sometimes for hours on end.

The Home Stretch, I reminded him last night as he folded towels, is sort of my exhausting labor of cyber journalistic love.

"Yeah, well, pick up the pace, babe," replied. "HuffPo just went for three hundred mill. Baby needs a bachelor's degree in cinema."

Pfft.

HuffPo Schmuffpo.

Someday my AOL will come.

(Preferably before that first U-Bill is due.)

No comments: