"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday, Sunday

The kitchen sink is full of dirty dishes...And that's a good thing! Yes, we actually had a small dinner party last night -- just a couple of my friends -- one a neighbor, the other a writing friend.

My husband grilled steaks and shrimp, and made some yummy hash browns soaked in butter -- there goes my non-existent diet. But it was fun, something we've seen very little of around here of late. We sat outside on our porch, and in spite of the awful humidity, we talked and laughed till, gosh, almost 11:30 p.m. -- a seemingly small thing, but not for us.

Talk and laughter have been such a rare commodity for so long -- I am not sure where they went -- perhaps vacationing in Cancun or Cazumel. Lucky stiffs. I'd give my eyeteeth...

But I digress.

Let's see, in the past two weeks, my hubby and I have actually attended together and danced at a street dance (wowsa), gone to a movie (not just watched the same DVD over and over), went to a BBQ to help his co-workers (from one of his three jobs) build a parade float for the county fair (does this mean we will actually BE in the parade?). And now an informal porch party.

Lord knows we're trying.

If only we lived near a Starbucks...

"I left my heart in Cincinnati..."

Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's now Wednesday, don't you have some more?

Anonymous said...

You promised.....Irma

Anonymous said...

Did you go out anyway? Irma