"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Sunday, February 13, 2011

SHAMBALA

...is more than just a 70s song by Three Dog Night.

Shambala (also sometimes spelled Shambhala) is, per Tibetan Buddhist tradition, a mythical kingdom located somewhere within or beyond the peaks of the Himalayas. A place of peace, tranquility and happiness.

According to the Three Dog Night's lyrics, it is a place of kindness and cooperation where joy and good fortune abound, and psychological burdens are lifted.

Frankly, I don't care where it is, or how you spell it. 


I just wanna go there. Now.


I mean, who wouldn't?


Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
With the rain in Shambala
Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame
With the rain in Shambala [...]
Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
On the road to Shambala
Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
On the road to Shambala [...]
How does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala?



Mary's morning
Actually, I'm thinkin' Shambala may be located in Myrtle Beach,  SC.  My friend, Mary, lives there.


Yeah, I was feelin' fairly frisky about this weekend's "thaw" -- 40 degree temps, sunny, snow melting, water running -- until this morning when I spied my friend Mary's pic on Facebook.


Sunrise and sand. A cuppa joe.


Just looking at the picture I felt the past week's (hell, past life's) stress ooze from my old, tired body.  I pictured myself strolling along the beach, sand squishing between my toes, the ocean waves washing away my every care.


One with universe.  At last.


Ommmmmm...


"Hon, we got water."
My morning


What? 


Who dared to wake me from my state of bliss?


The hubs, of course. 


For a February thaw means only one thing at our house.  An ocean of H2O in the basement. And it's only the beginning.


One with the sump pump. Again.


Ackkkkkk. 

No comments: