"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

BLIZZ TIZZ

Monster.  Snowpocalypse. Winter Storm Of The Millennium.

Media weather folk are havin' a hey day with this blizzard, aren't they?

Not sayin' that a couple of days of ice, snow and high wind that affects a third of the United States isn't a frosty force to be reckoned with.

But here in my neck of the frozen Midwest woods, no need to go into all this blizz tizz.

It's just another crappy Iowa winter.

In fact, I've spent 27 out of the past 30 winters puttin' up with this niveous nonsense.

The good news:  I live but a few blocks from work, so I can bundle up and drag myself through the drifts to get there if my car is icebound.

The bad news:  I live but a few blocks from work, so I can bundle up and drag myself through the drifts to get there if my car is icebound.

Hence, no snow days for this ol' gal.  Would love a day off in the middle of the week to laze, to loiter, to loll.  But, alas!  I will be plodding across the polar prairie momentarily, either on hoof or by heap.

And I do mean heap. Sorry, Venture mini van, but you are a shoddy shuttle this time of year. Not askin' for the world, just a tidbit of traction.

Uh-oh.  Did you catch that?  A little edge to my voice just now. Gettin' cranky with my car.  Maybe the endless, gray, arctic atmospheric conditions are beginning to aggravate me just a wee bit.

A touch of cabin fever, perhaps? Or maybe it's just menopause.

Hard tellin'.

Either way, gotta suit up and sally forth. Will probably be more of a schlep than a sally. Too old to sally.

Where's a musher when you need one?

No comments: