"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

FREE TO A GOOD HOME

Today, she chewed the stuffing out of my antique kitchen chairs.

A few weeks ago, she destroyed two pairs of John's shoes.

When she was three months old, she chewed my new eyeglasses all to hell (before they were paid for, I might add), and let's see, what else...

I could go on, but why?

Whose ingenious suggestion was it to get a Jack Rat anyway?

Didn't we learn after Rosie, the insane and totally w/o bladder control Cocker Spaniel?

Note to self: I am NOT a dog person.

Geesh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad she still has a good home just remember they are still puppies!

Anonymous said...

Annie, I hope you still have your dog. As Angie said, she is still a puppy and will outgrow her childhood. She will become a most wonderful adult, and with proper friendship will be your rock when no one or nothing else will. My dog ate a pair of my leather shoes. She got into the Christmas presents and also ate birth control pills, (luckily she was in heat and no damage done). She was spayed and became the most playful, energetic friend i could have. When no one else was there to greet me, she was tickled to death to see me. She hovered over me, when I was sick, better than any nurse. I would suggest taking out pet medical insurance while she is young. They, like children need medical attention from time to time and sad to say mine developed diabetes. I did not have the insurance and by that time she was older and it would have cost more. You cannot find a better, more loyal friend in whom you can confide and it goes no further. You cannot find anyone who will stick up for you like your dog. The only requirement is good food, a gentle bath, a tummy rub, a place to run, and a little conversation on what is expected, appreciated, and how your day was. You can't beat that kind of love.

Anonymous said...

Friends! Friends! I was just venting....I love the Mimi Girl...And you are right, Anonymous...NO ONE has EVER been THAT glad to see me day in and day out...EVER! I am sure she will calm down with age...don't we all? Rest assured that I am holding on to Dear Mimi and giving her her marching papers...I could never REALLY do that...:)