"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Thursday, January 06, 2011

She Who Laughs, Lasts

Perhaps you missed this news story?

I love a good guffaw!

And looking back over my 54 years on this crazy planet, I  dare say I never would have made it this far without a good guffaw, a cheery chuckle, or a big ol' belly laugh on a regular basis to lighten the oft' heavy load of this inevitable tragedy called life.

I mean, let's face it...if you  live long enough, you are bound to run into some sad, nasty weather. Hence, the old adage, "Let a smile be your umbrella."

Or pick up a newspaper (if you can still find one), surf the net for the daily headlines, or watch the mainstream media, and in a nano second it becomes clear that there is not a lot to chuckle about in our world these days.

Somedays, the news isn't just depressing, it's just plain absurd. It causes me great stress.

And that is why I choose to get my news from Jon Stewart and The Daily Show, and Stephen Colbert and The Colbert Report, on Comedy Central.

Regular news is just to funereal. Their comedic take on the absurd realities of the days we are currently living in make my heart sing. I can't help but laugh!

And I love people who make me laugh!  I simply adore somebody who knows how to turn life's lemons into lemonade.  Preferably, spiked lemonade, but that's fodder for another blog post.

Oh, and Dr. Oz, by the by, is a funny, funny fellow as well.

I finally heard from him last night.

While the good people at Move It and Lose It  are busy becoming un-overwhelmed by the response to their call for participants in their 11-week weight-loss challenge, and are allegedly setting up my account, I am to test my basic fitness level by doing a series of push-ups and crunches and other fun things.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

He's joking, right?

No comments: