"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Sunday, January 02, 2011

BYE-BYE BLOGGER CHICK...

Hello Blogger Woman!

I mean, seriously?  Who was I kidding?

How much longer could I possibly leave posted my Blogger profile pic from, like, four years ago, before someone might ponder that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't a current picture?

All my perky, plucky, "here's to a new year and fresh start" posting at dawn's early light yesterday led me to a fairly major Home Stretch facelift today.  A new template, a new Grooveshark soundtrack, a fun slideshow from my class reunion last summer...out with the old, in with the new!

However, while The Home Stretch underwent a bit of a blog nip-and-tuck, I have not.  And the truth I finally had to face is: I am no longer that blonde, tan, mid-40-ish looking "Blogger Chick" as I used to call myself. I am not sure where she went, tho I suspect she took off the same time all my estrogen left the building.

And in in her place -- seemingly in the blink of an eye --  is a dark-haired, pale, mid-50-ish looking "Blogger Woman".

And it is time I embrace her because, frankly, it's too time-consuming to keep her at bay.

At least that is the conclusion I have arrived at after reading Nora Ephron's "I Feel Bad About My Neck And Other Thoughts About Being A Woman".

Granted, Nora is a decade or so older than me, but I so relate to everything she writes about the routine "maintenance" we older women have to go through just  to keep ourselves from looking like we no longer care. Hair, skin, exercise, manicures, pedicures...

A gal could grow weary just thinking about it all.

In fact, at the ripe, wise age of 54, there are days when just the thought of picking up a tube of mascara and running that little brush ever so briefly through my thinning lashes seems like much too much a waste of my precious time.  Those are the days, I confess, where you may well  find me driving Daniel to work in my jammies, sans mascara or any other makeup, smooshed hair, and my winter boots.

It's not that I don't care, it's just that if I have an hour to spare in the morning, I'd rather  be blogging. Or Facebooking.

Primping Shmimpking.

I've got better things to do.

Damn, it's good to be a Blogger Woman!

No comments: