"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Saturday, March 27, 2010

IN MY WILDEST MEET AND GREET DREAMS...



Do you remember this video? One of my faves...it's the video that reunited me with The Moody Blues in the 80s...

LOL

Would be just my luck to be late to the meet and greet as Justin is rushed out the door...That woman in the video? I feel her angst, her disappointment, I really do...LOL

Seriously, though...

Anticipation and dreaming is half the fun...it is so wonderful to have not one, but TWO things to look forward to this summer...my 35th class reunion in Cincy with my long-time historical peeps...AND a Moody Blues concert!

I would've, if I could've, scheduled my trip so that I could catch Justin and the gang in Cincy a few nights before my reunion as well...but that might be a hair on the over-do side...though not totally out of character, I suppose (wink, wink)...

You see, normally, all I have is the reunion -- or mini-reunions (which we have in the in-between years), to look forward to in any given summer, which is, of course, plenty to enjoy and for which I am always wildly appreciative!

My peeps -- the ones who have known me since way back when and love me still/anyway -- are an awesome, crazy-fun crowd! And it is always hard to bid them adieu after a night or two of non-stop side-aching laughs, and leave on that jet plane, not knowing if/when I will be back again...(oops...I think I just inadvertently injected some John Denver lyrics...)

But knowing I have the Moody Blues waiting for me (figuratively speaking, of course) one day after my return trip this summer will certainly soften the sadness (somewhat) of having to leave my homeland once again...

I was just in Cincy a year ago this June...but it seems like forever ago...it's been such a long, heartbreaking year...

Even more reason for me to shuffle off to Cincy, touch base with my peeps, wax reminiscent for a few days...eat a little Skyline Chili, maybe a Frisch's Big Boy with extra tartar sauce, possibly a White Castle slider or five, tour the old high school, a night of toilet papering perhaps?

Indeed, it is sure to be spiritually rejuvenating...

And then! The Moody Blues! Holy Cow!

THE MOODY BLUES! I never thought I'd see THEM again, let alone MAYBE meet them!

Once upon a time,
once when you were mine
I remember skies
Reflected in your eyes...


Happy sigh...

Geeze, Louise! I cannot wait!

No comments: