"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Saturday, January 17, 2009

MASHED POTATOES, BUGLES...IS IT JUNE YET?


OK.

So I doubt very much that Jennifer Aniston EVER eats A heaping helping of homemade mashed potatoes let alone TWO...

But the other night, after almost two seemingly long weeks of dieting -- not to mention the fact that it was -40 degrees (with wind chill factor) -- I just couldn't pass up John's oh-so-yummy spuds. With gravy. 

Did I mention the three pieces of melt-in-your-mouth slow-roasted roast beef that just happened to go along with said spuds?

Heavy sigh.

Then, last night, after a seemingly long week at work, I spied a bag of Bugles on our dining room table. It was beckoning me, I tell you. Beckoning me. And I couldn't resist. Oh, the stress-relieving crunching!

And then there was the slice of breakfast pizza this morning at work (mandatory overtime)...

Furthermore -- as long as I am 'fessin' up about what I've been eating -- I must also admit that I haven't exercised all week. There's just something -- what's the word -- IMPOSSIBLE -- about forcing one's old, aching body out from under a comfy heated throw at 4  a.m. on a freaking cold Iowa morning to don exercise clothes and work out.

I even tried sleeping IN my exercise clothes, my theory being that I would  stay relatively warm if I didn't have to slip out of my pjs first and THEN into my exercise garb. I also told myself that I would be more likely to exercise if I slept in my exercise clothes on the couch (in front of the TV) because I would merely have to roll my old, aching body off the couch, grab the exercise DVD, push it into the DVD player and voila!  With very little effort I would be up and at 'em...and warm!

Another theory down the drain.

As it turned out, I fell asleep in my bed under that damn heated throw...and that was all she wrote. Never made it to the couch. That heated throw is just the best thing since sliced bread, I'm tellin' ya.

Hmmm...sliced bread... with creamy Jif Peanut Butter...

Is it June yet?

No comments: