"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Sunday, August 27, 2006

I HAVEN'T DIED, I JUST HAVE BLOGGER EYES


I can't believe I've had 181 hits on The Homestretch...but just a smattering of comments. My other blog -- the one that has taken over my life (The Independent Eye) has scored more than 1,200-plus visitors since Aug. 13. And hundreds of comments -- some not fit for family viewing, of course, but hey! It's all in the name of conversational media.

I'm wondering why folks rarely leave comments here...could my personal life be THAT boring? You bet it could be. And it is. But that's OK. Now that I've discovered blogging, well...k sara, k sara. (That's the im version of that old Doris Day song...badabump.)

Truth is, I don't dare leave my house now since my eyes look like I haven't slept in months. I am hooked on blogging...my eyes are glued to my computer screen for hours on end -- and thank God for microwavable Hamburger Helper and canned fruit or my son would be totally starved.

My husband IS starved...for affection...I shut myself in my attic writing room and don't come down for weekends at a time. However, I have had a few things go on in real time...

I met the repo man, and he was very nice. I handed over my keys to the Focus and haven't missed it since. Not a tear, not a heavy sigh.

I started back at my grocery schlepping job part-time...it's great to be back, actually. It feels so strange to be earning a paycheck! What a concept! The customers all seemed so glad to see me; I just smiled. Then we talked about some old times and we drank ourselves some beers...still crazy after all these years...

Oh, drat! There I go...breaking into old Paul Simon songs...I need a nap. Can I blog in bed?

Stop! I must stop blogging!

If you visit this site, please leave some kind of comment before you leave...Don't be shy.

Less than two months till I turn 50. So please...humor me.

Ciao!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved you blog, life goes on and you truly know how to see the silver lining. I can't believe people put nasty comments on your blog. I don't care about your husband and his "church family", I think the town you live in is less than friendly, and you need to come back home...I'll be crazy with you after all these years, what else is there?! Love ya, Irma

Anonymous said...

It is too bad Irma, but how do you know where these comments orginate? I know there are alot of people in the town she lives in now that love her!

Schleprock said...

Don't let the turkeys get you down dahling. They must be pretty bored with their own lives!

Remember as Liza Minelli sang in her role as Sally Bowles in that terrific movie, "Life is a Cabaret ole chum, and I love a Cabaret!"

Love you always-
Schleprock

Annie said...

Schlep! Long time no hear! Thanks for the support! Indeed, life is a cabaret! And to Stoney and Irma -- thanks as well...what would I do without all of you!