"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Saturday, January 24, 2009

I STILL GOT IT

Old reporters never die.

They just submit articles for company newsletters.

And, if they are lucky -- like I was last Friday -- they get a plaque recognizing their "journalistic" contributions via the monthly newsletter submissions.

Yes (hold your applause), I received the 2008 Newsletter Reporter award at work Friday...and I truly was touched...

I haven't won any type of writing award since, oh, 2001 -- or was it 2002 -- when I took third place in the Iowa Newspaper Association annual news writing contest.  That award, as I recall, was for exposing the growing meth problem in rural Iowa. Long story short -- a guy who lived just down the block from me (of course, everything is "just down the block in Menlo, IA) was busted for making meth in his garage.

Anyway...I was truly taken aback by the award on Friday...maybe I still got it -- at least a little bit of it -- whatever "it" is -- after all! 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: