"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

MAP MY HYGIENE


This time change is kicking my ass.

I overslept again this morning.

Must have been a deep, heavy sleep because I was overly groggy when I awoke. Full consciousness came slowly.

Must. Take. Inventory. Who, where and what am I?  Let's see...

My name is Ann. I am on the couch in my living room where I fell asleep in my clothes late last night while scrolling through Facebook and Instagram on my cell phone. I fancy myself a writer.

WRITER!

It's Day 11 of the spring session of 40 Days of Writing! Must get to computer!

Wait! What time is it? Must find cell phone. My cell phone will tell me what time it is.

Crap.

Must have rolled over on my cell phone during the night.

What the hell? Map My Walk?
I Go Walking After Midnight by Patsy Cline on Grooveshark
Either I butt clicked that app or I was sleep walking.

At any rate, I am running late. No time to crank out a think piece for today's writing challenge.

Last night's dinner dishes piled in sink. Cats crying for food. And I promised myself, my family and my coworkers that I would shower today.

Yup. These 40 Days of Writing challenges consume my mornings before work. Sometimes, everything else gets pushed aside.

Perhaps it's time to map my hygiene.

No comments: