"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Friday, June 15, 2012

STAY AWAKE, MY FRIENDS



Yeah, I was pretty much worthless Thursday.

Started writing late Wednesday night, didn't go to bed till like 3:30 a.m Thursday.

Was in a a walking blogger coma at both my jobs.

Then I hear that someone from Iowa won the $240 million Powerball jackpot Wednesday night.

Someone from Cedar Rapids...

Hmm.

Who do I know in Cedar Rapids, and do they ever play the lottery?

If I had $240 million dollars, I would just write. Every day. All day. During my wakeful hours.

"Do what you love, the money will follow" the old and misleading adage goes.

"Win the lottery, and then you can do what you love and you won't have to give a rat's patootie about the money" would be a more realistic statement.

I did get some decent sleep last night, hence, my sincere, albeit brief and somewhat corny, attempt at writing for what I believe is Day 10 of the 40 Days of Writing Challenge.

Happy Friday!

Stay Awake, My Friends!

No comments: