"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

HEART IN FLIGHT

June 29, 1993

Dear Daniel,

Such a long list of wonderful new things you are doing, discovering and enjoying! Today was one of those baby milemarkers -- you ate your first real food...rice cereal! And, like a true Heise, you gulped it down with such glee!

It was great fun! You smiled and blew bubbles!  Cereal certainly seems to agree with you!

You also are very close to rolling over from your back to your tummy...you make it most of the way, and then just need a tender tap from Mommy or Daddy to make it the rest of the way.

You just love to look at and study everything in our new little house. You "talk" endlessly (like mommy like son?), cooing with delight at your crib bumper buddies...those loveable Boynton cows, pigs, sheep and ducks.

For some reason, you enjoy listening to me sing. ABCs, I'll Love You Forever, You Are My Sunshine, Danny Boy (not the Irish ballad, but my own diaper-changing ballad, "Danny Boy, Danny Boy, won't you be my Danny Boy)..and a a few bars of John Cougar Mellencamp's famous hazardous waste ditty, Little Pink Houses... 

What led me to hum that upbeat tune in your sweet little ears is my discovering the yucky looking crud left in the water after boiling your bottles on the stove. Something about that thin, white powdery substance in the bottom of the pan...needless to say, sweetie, I'm not taking this sitting down.

I called the local water and health departments and they all said it's just minerals and chlorine...hmmm...maybe so...nevertheless...

Anyway, Danny Boy, you are simply amazing!

You are the love of my life!

P.S. How long, I wonder, before you discover Barney, the cat?


(From Daniel's Bringing Up Baby journal)

No comments: