"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Blogmania Strikes Podunk

Hi. My name is Annie. I can't stop blogging.

(All together now) "Hi, Annie!"

Yes. It has come to that. In just one short month, I've become a blogging addict. As if keeping up with one blog is not enough, I've gone and started yet another blog with Susan, my writing friend. We're just a couple of semi-retired news hounds who used to put out our own weekly newspaper, The West Central Valley Voice (moment of silence in its memory, please) with the help of four other crazy folks. Anyway, we decided to start a news blog, The Independent Eye (see my links), and it is taking off so fast, our bleary eyeballs are spinning.

Blogging is so much fun! So what if my son has been on a steady diet of sugar-laden cereal and water while I am ensconced in my attic writing room adding site meters and animation, whatever, to my new blog. When Mom's happy, EVERYBODY is happy.

I've got "Nothin's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Jefferson Starship blaring, and I am pounding out pontification upon pontification here, and news to beat the band there, and, omigosh! The comments! I love the comments! The news blog comments have been a bit tawdry thanks to our mystery commenters Coco, the ardent speller, and Deborah, with the real classy username, but it's all good! It's what the blogosphere is all about.

And to think a month ago, I was wondering what I was going to do with my life! I've re-discovered my purpose! Save for my son looking a bit gaunt and pleading for protein, and the repo man coming to take my auto any minute (where IS he...I cleaned out the Focus two days ago...) and my fingers cramping from typing...I'm the happiest I've been since the hogs ate little brother (that's just one of my late father's favorite sayings. I don't really have a little brother. My one and only sister was hoping that I'd be her little brother when I was born, but no such luck. Then she tried to push me into my grandparents' fireplace one Christmas Eve -- I've got slides proving it -- blah, blah, blah. But we're best friends now.)

Am I blabbing? Yes, I am. The adrenaline rush from publishing our premier issue of The Independent Eye has not totally worn off.

Forgive me?

No comments: