"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Homecoming, Burning Leaves, Memories & More

Feeling nostalgic?

Tonight is my son's first Homecoming cornonation...his jersey is being auctioned off...big pep rally...the big Homecoming game tomorrow night...the DANCE Saturday night....he's got a DATE (if that's what they call it these days)...

I still can't believe he is a freshman...

Sunrise, sunset and all that jazz.

I was never a Homecoming queen candidate, nor were most of my my closest high school friends.

But I still remember my first Homecoming -- Denny was my date -- he was a sophomore or junior...and shorter than me...and he weighed less than me...he was a wrestler.

Anyway, I remember the corsage...the dress I wore...

Of course, being a drill team member, I am sure we performed at halftime at our football game...can't remember who we played...I think Denny might have been a quarterback...who knows...who knows where Denny is today...

At any rate, fall and Homecoming bring back so many memories...as does the aroma of burning leaves...

The leaves aren't quite ready to rake, but if you love the smell of burning leaves, and that smell takes you back, you will really enjoy I Remember JFK today...

Have a great Thursday evening...I'll be keeping an eye on whomever "wins" my son's football jersey...No. 81...

Kleenex...Pass me a Kleenex....

No comments: