"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Thursday, August 09, 2007

MYSTERY PACKAGES ON THEIR WAY...

So I'm standin' at the cash register, doin' my Thursday morning grocery schleppin' thing, and my friend, Geri, the postal carrier, comes burstin' thru the door laughin' and grinnin' and sayin', "Girl, you've got two big packages from Ohio waitin' for you at the post office...maybe it's the chili and the tartar sauce...or your missing underwear!"

(It's a small town...everybody knows about the missing tartar sauce, chili, and underwear.)

Omigod!

Could it be? From whom? Which one of my adoring friends sent me replacement tartar sauce and chili? (I dare say the underwear is a moot point.)

Geri says there's no return address...they're just from Ohio...

Ironically, just last night, I heated up a pan of Skyline chili (one of three out of the original five cans that DID make it through the US mail) and had me three yummy Skyline Cheese Coneys...

I only wept for an hour...

Nah. Just joshin'...

Actually, I am SO over my Cincy Vacation Lag...

Geri says she'll drop the boxes off at the store...

I feel like a kid at Christmas!

Stay tuned!

No comments: