"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Friday, September 19, 2008

COFFEE, TEA OR...

Mountain Dew?

Yes, I am falling in love with MT. DEW.

I've always been a Diet Pepsi gal, tho' my family, as a rule, preferred Coke.

I "blame" the shift from the Heise family soda pop-of-choice to Diet Pepsi on my my "second mom", Dottie B, who drank Diet Pepsi, kept her great shape all her life, and all her daughters -- all THREE of them -- turned out to be models. I figured if it was good for Mrs. B, it was good for me.

Sure, I dabbled in TAB, when that came out in the 60s. And I occasionally enjoyed a Sprite or a 7-UP. But my breakfast of champs has always been a Diet Pepsi and a bag of M&Ms. My after-work relaxation cocktail most recently? Diet Pepsi and Malibu Rum, AKA, a Mailbu Barbie (my idea).

Granted, NOTHING beats a steaming, hot cuppa java laden with flavored creamer first thing in the a.m....or late in the afternoon on a cuddly gray fall day....

But these days, I find myself craving MT. DEW. MT. DEW with Bugles, MT. DEW with trail mix...

It's a quick picker-upper, fer sure.

And it tickles the tongue in an oh, so refreshing way...

Well, must get back to work...

Tonight, if we win our football game, it will be Buck Burger Night at the bowling alley -- that's what we live for here in Podunk on at-home football nights...buck burgers...yeah, it don't get any better than THAT!

Hmmm....a buck burger with MT. DEW and Mailibu Rum?

Stay tuned....:)

Stay tuned.....

No comments: