"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Still Time To Celebrate...

All my griping about my dog today (see earlier post) and I almost forgot what today is!

C'mon now...everybody yell: "Happy Name Your Car Day!"

What?

You say your car doesn't have a name? My gosh, do you have ice water running through your veins? Think of all the time you spend in your car...the damn machine needs a name.

Back in the day, when I drove my dad's falling-apart old greenish-blue '75 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible, my friend Linda andI named my jalopy "The Green Gobbler" for (what else?) the strange, gobbling-like noise it made when we repeatedly circled Linda's cul-de-sac.

Made perfectly good sense, don'tcha think?

My current car -- a 2001 yellow Ford Escape -- I have dubbed "You Stupid, Good-For-Nothing Piece of Crap".

Need I expound?

So, before the clock strikes midnight and "Name Your Car Day is but a bittersweet memory, kick up your heels--or kick the tires, if you are so moved -- and give your car its day in the sun...or, in this case (considering it is 8:10 p.m. (9:10 Cinci time), its night under the moon.

Now, if you've been wanting to name your car, but haven't a clue how to go about doing that, here are some helpful car-naming tips that I just pirated off my one of my favorite "bizarre October holiday" websites:

*Don't select wimpy names. That might give your car a personality complex and it will perform accordingly.

*Do give a strong, aggressive name to sports cars and cars with powerful engines.

*Sleek, sexy feline-like cars savor names that begin with "lady".

*Old junkers are proud just to be around. You can call them just about anything. Try "Tramp", or "Old Yeller", "Old Blue".

*Pick names to reflect your personality.

*"Pickemup" trucks must have country names.

*Don't give common names (like Joe, Mike or Becky) to luxury cars. They beam over names like Reginald, Archibald, and Crystal.

Nitey-nite.

No comments: