"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Thursday, March 15, 2012

MOSTLY MOODLIN'

OK, so I lied. Inadvertently, of course.

A few days ago, I blogged that come the first warm day of spring-like weather I would be out in my yard, throwing my back into spasms as I raked and cleaned and picked up sticks...yada, yada, yada.

So here it is, a day off -- with pay, no less -- the sun is shining,  birds are singing, and guess what?

Not goin' out in the yard.

Nope.

Well, that's sort of a lie, too, because when my friend, Karla,  comes to pick me up to go get our nails done I will have to saunter across the yard to get to the driveway to get into her car.

Oh, life is just too short to spend a day off from work, working.

So I'm not.

In fact, I plan not to wash a dish, dust a shelf, or sweep a floor...

Mostly been moodlin' all morning, just givin' the old noggin a break. Writing every day for three weeks straight requires creativity and imagination. And according to one of my favorite authors, Brenda Ueland, freeing the writer within requires a healthy dose of inefficient, mindless dawdling now and then.

Threw in some chillaxin' for good measure... a little Facebook, a little Pinterest, a little Blogger...shootin' the breeze with my son...

Yes, last fall's leftover leaves and other assorted debris will just have to wait.

Did I say I was going to paint a room?  HA!

The biggest decision I plan to make today is what color to paint my nails.

No comments: