"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

My son turns 18 today.

So many emotions.

Thankful.

Happy.

Proud.

A little teary.

Oh, who am I kidding...more than a little teary.  But not sobbing. Yet.

Random thought:  I loved being pregnant.  Just wish I didn't still look like I am about to give birth.

Eighteen years ago today, at this moment, I was at the hospital, dilated two centimeters and thinking childbirth wasn't so bad and I could go thru it all without an epidural.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Eighteen years ago today, at this moment, I was the most "nested" a pregnant woman could be.

Baby clothes Drefted and waiting.  All but alphabatized.

House ship shape.  You could eat off my basement floor.

It was the last time I was organized.

I'd read all the "Everything You Need To Know About" books on pregnancy, childbirth, the newborn months, the toddler  years.

There's a reason that series of books stopped at  the toddler years:

There is no one on God's green earth that knows everything there is to know about raising teenagers.

Thought I was ready, come what may.

But no one is really ever fully prepared for parenthood.

Or for how fast the years fly.

Swiftly fly the years, indeed
A whirling merry go round.

Joypainlaughtertears.

And from the moment I first saw him, the second he was born, I knew...

Absolutely the love of my life.

Wow. Eighteen.

Too big to carry in my arms.

But forever in my heart.

No comments: