"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Saturday, March 14, 2009

MUSIC TO FACEBOOK BY


Harry Chapin Sings Circle Live via Noolmusic.com


I have to be brutally honest here....Facebook has taken over my life.

I have a kitchen full of dirty dishes, a living room full of, I dunno, dust and empty Gatorade bottles...and laundry strewn about begging for hangers...and still I sit here, glass of wine in hand, glued to Facebook.

I just finished chatting with Ned, my Cedar Falls Record photog co-hort -- I still can't believe he is freaking 45 years old -- he was like 17 or 18 the last time I saw him...he remembers my laugh...

Utmo, the former Newsday newshound-turned-pastor, is back in my life -- she always made me feel like I belonged at the OU Post -- even thought I couldn't edit my way out of a paper bag...thanks, Utmo!

Angie D., the daughter of my friend Frannie from my Cedar Falls days....she added me as a friend. The last time I saw her she was like, seven. She's all grown up.

Michelle L. is getting married in June -- she says as long as I have the right shoes, the pink potato sack I will be wearing to the Big Event (I am a reader) should be fine...LOL. We chatted for some time...I know her mom thinks I'm nuts for being on FB -- but clearly, I am hooked.

Granted, Celmo and I haven't exactly adorned each others' walls with notes of mutual adoration -- all these many years later...I am truly sorry about that COPE T-shirt, bud -- blame it on hormones...thankfully, I am so not the person I was back at OU...

I often think he only added me as a friend because he remembers my past inability to deal rationally with rejection...and he was afraid to NOT add me...LOL.

My fave way to read my FB page is to music....I added Lyrics Domain...on the left sidebar... find lyrics domain...click "video" and, voila!  The Moody Blues (still hunky Justin Hayward) belts out "I Know You're Out There Somehwere" -- is that not the perfect Facebook search song? LOL...

I have also downloaded -- or uploaded -- The Beatles "In My Life" -- another PERFECT Facebook song....

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed...
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain...
All these places have their moments;
With lovers and friends, I still can recall;
Some are dead and some are living...
In my life I've loved them all...

Now, you can also click on my Facebook badge on my blog, and my blog playlist will start -- that's got some great tunes to read my Facebook by -- the always popular Mister Softee song... Bob Seger's "Accompany Me"...Neil Diamond's "Hello'"...

I know. I am supposed to be cleaning...

I have done some cleaning. Some.

It's just that I can't help but marvel over modern technology...

It seems like I've been here before;
I can't remember when;
But I have this funny feeling
That we'll all be together again...

Oh, there are a few folks out there who might not want to "friend" me at this point -- Tipper, Miguelito...I haven't always been the perfect friend...I admit it. I am far from perfect. I've made mistakes. 

I called Mrs.W. tonight -- it's her 84th birthday...she was the mom I always wanted but never had.. I have been HORRIBLE about keeping in touch -- life happens. But she still loves me. 

Nancy W. and I were thick as thieves...God, those were good times... a simpler time...

Life is soooooo short...I am not the same person I was back in college -- thank God - nor am I the same person I was 20 minutes ago...

Ned remembers my laugh..

I know you're out there somewhere
Somewhere, somewhere...
I know you're out there somewhere
Somewhere you can hear my voice...
I know I'll find you somehow
Somehow, somehow...
And somehow I'll return again to you.

This is just too awesome...

No comments: