"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DELICIOUS AMBIGUITY

Part of Me, Part of You by Glenn Frey on Grooveshark



I've been many things in my 55-year-old life.

A daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a niece, a cousin.

A friend. A neighbor.

A high school drill team co-captain, an amusement park ride operator, a college graduate, a newspaper reporter/editor/columnist/owner; a freelance writer.

A blogger.

A wife, a mother, an aunt, a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law.

A baker, a church secretary, a dental hygienist (just for one day), a hardware store clerk, a grocery store cashier.

A political activist.

A Presbyterian, a Unitarian, a Methodist pastor's wife, and a Buddhist wanna-be.

A Young Republican, a middle-aged Independent, and currently, a bleeding heart Liberal.

A telemarketer, a customer service rep, a purchasing coordinator, and most recently, a waybill processor.

Yes, I've worn many hats, as they say.

And a few days from now, I shall add a new hat to my life's collection...

My new hat!
Ann Heise Kult, Adventurer.

Yup.

Eastbound and down for a couple of months! Visiting friends! Seeing some sights! Working some political/marketing gigs!

Pursuing my passion...Writing!

Basically, breaking away from the daily routine for a bit, flying by the seat of my past-middle-age pants.

Channeling my inner Thelma and Louise without driving off a cliff!

And bless their hearts, the fam is all for it. Heck, they were shocked I actually came back from my Cincy vacay in July...as were most of my friends and co-workers.

Kinda exciting!

At 55 (almost 56), leaping and not worrying if the net will appear, just determined to go toe-to-toe in mid-air with The Great Unknown!  Embracing uncertainty for the first time in my life!
Gilda

Or, as one of my favorite comedians once said:


















Stay tuned!

No comments: