"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Saturday, August 25, 2012

YOLO

There is nothing like a rainy Saturday afternoon for writing.

I love lighting my big peach candle, curling up on my day bed in my attic writing room, opening up my laptop and writing for hours...

Soaking in the stillness -- save for the soft, hypnotic drumming of raindrops on the roof  -- I stare out my  window occasionally, allowing myself to feel the shower of emotions with which my soul is instantly drenched.

I am at once filled with contentment, urgency, sadness, excitement, anticipation, regret, hunger, nourishment, loneliness, love...its the assuring coziness of a rainy day in my doll house-like writing room that calms me in the midst of such a perfect emotional storm.

Granted, I have a million other things I should be doing other than reflecting and writing.

Dishes. Laundry. Dusting. Vacuuming. Groceries.

But as my awesome high school friend, Jordan ( I now call her JDog), with whom I have the honor of working on Saturday mornings, recently reminded me...YOLO.

You Only Live Once

YupYup. Gotta do what you love.

Long story short, I decided that there will always be time for housework. Gotta make the most of a rainy day. Especially after a long summer's drought.

Must. Keep. Writing.

Hence, here I sit, curled up on my day bed, alone in my cozy attic doll house, putting cyber pen to blank blog post.

I pause, inhaling the fresh scent of my big peach candle, looking out at the rain, and listening carefully for whatever insight the raindrops may have to offer.

Settle down. It will  make sense. Eventually. Trust. Let go a little.  Breathing room. Sometimes, all you can do is let it rain. 

And the rain just keeps coming.

No comments: