"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

THOUGHTS BEFORE BARRY

'Twas the night before Barry
And all through the house
I was sorting thru laundry
To find the right blouse.

Oh, what to wear to tomorrow night's Barry Manilow concert!

Not that Barry's gonna care.

Wondering...will there be Barry Wannabes like there are Kenny Wannabes at Chesney concerts?

Doubt it.

I am a wee bit concerned that there are so many tickets still available, Barry's voice will be but an echo throughout  Wells-Fargo Arena.

"What if Wells-Fargo is empty?" I  asked my husband, John.

"It won't be after the nursing home buses pull up," he retorted.

Well! Spoken like like a true non-Fanilow (yes, Fanilow... the official name, apparently, for diehard Manilow fans like me).

OK, so  Barry is like 68 years old, possibly still a little stiff following his rather recent emergency hip surgery...yada, yada, yada.

But, hey...As long as his gorgeous voice isn't in a sling, I'm down with it.

Who opens for Barry Manilow?  Anybody? Cheap Trick, perhaps?

"I think having my toenails ripped out would be a better time than going to a Barry Manilow concert," joked my good buddy, Kerry Shirbroun, while I scanned his groceries earlier this evening.

Though, truth be told, I surmise Kerry wasn't joking.

Sniff.

Oh, ye of little Fanilow faith.

All pre-Barry concert jitters aside, I think the guy's gonna surprise us all and rock The Well!

Stay tuned...


No comments: