"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Monday, February 27, 2012

SIMPLY AGELESS


Monday.

Need I write more?

Well, yes, I probably do need to.  As the sixth day of the 40 Days of Writing challenge dawns, once again I am presented with an empty canvas upon which to weave my words.

But today is one of those "write now or forever hold your peace" kind of writing days, because my schedule is crammed with other things to do. Like work. Work. And work. And then, fall asleep.

Hence, I must write right now. And I only have five minutes in which to do so, because if I don't hop in the shower precisely by 6 a.m., I will be precisely 1 minute late clocking in at work at 7:01 and that is not allowed without penalty.

And, no matter how hard I try to get ready for work at a quicker pace, at 55, it inevitably takes me an hour, a full hour.

There's the shower, the lotion, the moussing, the root lifter, the lifting and firming daily moisturizer, the anti-fatigue eye treatment, the lifting and firming eye cream, the eye concealer, the anti-aging makeup base, the "Simply Ageless" sculpting blush...and just for good measure, a couple of quick brush strokes of "Grow Luscious" mascara.

Ack!  It's 6:08! I'm doomed!

Wait!  I know! Maybe I'll skip the eye concealer, which will ultimately kill to beauty steps with one stone and shave off a minute or two. Obviously, if I conceal my eyes, I won't be needin' luscious  eye lashes.

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman (twang, twang). At least, a simply ageless one.

No comments: